Authorities have ruled the death of an East Gadsden man in a fire last week - an accident. Fire crews responded to the 400 block of Nunnally Avenue Friday morning, and found smoke in the home, but the fire was out. 51-year-old William Lawson's body was inside, in a bedroom. The fire had burned a hole in the living room floor, sucked the cold air from underneath the house into the fire, and put itself out. The fire is believed to have started up to six hours before Lawson's body was found... and Lawson had reportedly been dead for several hours. He died from smoke inhalation, according to the Gadsden Times.